If you are thinking of purchasing a web site.... please read!
I believe my charges for producing a web site are very reasonable. To keep the price low and make the generation of your web site a pleasurable experience for us both I would ask you to consider the 10 key points below.
I only want happy customers so please talk to me about anything you do not understand...it is not a test of technical knowledge!
1. We need to
talk through your needs.The first step is a phone call, then...
2. However if you are keen to meet face to face and you live further than 15 miles, I charge £15 for my travelling time only (the time we are together is free & part of the web build cost) + £0.15 per mile to cover fuel.
3. I will require any text you want in a 'word' document or e mail. Not just 'hard copy'
4. Your photographs need to be in 'jpeg' format, cropped if this is possible to just the image ( but I can sort them out if you can not do this) and of the correct colour and density. I will resize & sharpen. All images should be sent on a CD or memory stick....not via e mail, unless it has been discussed with me before sending.
5. I am happy to advise on how to go about the photography but generally do not get involved in photography of 'work'.
6. After talking through with you about your requirements and you producing text and pictures I will produce a draft site. I expect and have have no problem with carrying out reasonable amendments as well as going through several drafts until you are completely satisfied with the result.
7. If you are not entirely happy with the site after the inevitable amendments, you will not be charged for any work up to that point and the web files will be erased....but my aim is to have happy and satisfied customers
8. I would hope to complete the finished product within two to three weeks of you providing me with the information I require.
9. On completion of the web site I will ask you to confirm you are happy with the final draft site and I will then send you an invoice. Payment is by cheque, made payable to Andrew Lievesley payable within 14 days of site publication. (I will accept cash or by internet transfer with prior notification.) The invoice will include a £30 charge for your first years updates.
10. As mentioned above I charge £30 a year for reasonable updates and to cover my web hosting costs, I am comfortable updates every couple of months If that is your need. Some of my customers prepare a major change of images once a year. However if your updates takes up more than two hours of my time a year I charge a further £15 an hour. 70% of my customers cope within the two hour total, but it allows for people who can not prepare the pictures properly, and those that want a lot of changes. If you are likely to go over the £30 I will discuss it with you first.
The key point is that I understand your requirements and you are comfortable that you will not be charged unless you are totally satisfied with your web site.... but to achieve this I will require your input.
Follow the link to some thoughts on your input, involvement and preparation for a new web site.
Click here for :- Web Site Customer Preparation